Wednesday, November 22, 2006

How can things get so confusing?

I just started my labour and delivery placement. Today was my third of 18 days on the ward. So far so good. No one has died under my watch (very bad karma), but you would think that I would be able to work out my schedule but NOOOOoooooo. Honestly every day I write down what my schedule is and then I put it on my calendar and somehow it is not working out with my perceptors schedule that she wrote down. What I am saying is there is some sort of communication problem leading to pen mishaps. Somehow I will figure this out.
On a different note, Xavier is just like Roy. He creates self fulfilling prophesy. Robert agreed to drop the boys off at daycare because both Rob and I had to be at work before it opened. Xavier says, "Mom, I don't know what stairs I go in," and I just said, "the ones that you always go in in the morning," to which he replied, "I can't remember which ones those are!". You can see where this goes. Xavier takes Robert up the wrong steps this morning. This is from the child who races me up the steps, and is at his locker before I am up with Niles everyday. He couldn't remember.
Pray for strength and patience.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny that when you're worried about something happening, it always does? "I'm worried about going in the wrong door", so you do. Xavier is a funny kid. He was proably worried about doing something by himself without you watching to make sure he did it right. Maybe you could double check with you perceptor, or whatever it was, about your times. You want to get those right. I hope you're having fun in labour and delivery. It's not your turn to have the babies.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete