Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dinosaur Roar and Paved Paradise

Day 2:
Since we had made the effort to get to Drumheller we needed to do Drumheller things so we packed up our stuff and headed to the Royal Tyrrell Museum, the dinosaur museum. 
Really for a family of six it is not too expensive. Now a museum, especially a very scientific museum, with a lot of writing is not always super fun for a toddler. No fault of the museum. I blame toddlers. Why don't they have a longer attention span?  Why can't they read?  
Fortunately the Royal Tyrrell Museum is super well done. There are some interactive exhibits and the giant bug things are creepy. Patience liked the time
tunnel and Niles liked watching the world change through time. Xavier is fourteen and so has no opinion at this time. Evander really liked the dinosaurs. We would walk along and I would hear, "Where the saur? Oh! There he is!", over and over again. 
After we saw mostly everything we headed out to the walking paths. We agreed that because it was 35C outside we would not do the entire loop. The last time I had been there it was with Joyce and we didn't do the loop either but it was so cold and windy that day instead. 
I have a picture of Xavier and Niles on the same slope from the last trip. They are a little older this time. 
This time I doubled the children. 

After lunch and a quick change up of the car seats, the air flow in our van is terrible making the children sweat to death, we headed out to Banff to camp.  I didn't take pictures. It is like camping in a parking lot that I had to pay for. It was alright but I will remember to skip it the next time. On the positive side the pop-up canopy that mom got is working great. 
I did take a picture of scenery. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment