Friday, August 24, 2012

An exercise in frustration





 When I am home I try to be resourceful and get things finished, while including the children and not staying in the same place all the time. Now that Patience is back walking (so very nice), we try to do things that are therapy but sneakily so she doesn't notice and refuse. (There is a lot of stair climbing and tricycling going on in the house right now). Right now we are working on her symmetry and a good way to do that is to peddle. She learned to ride her tricycle last month (I know she is slow) and now for a different angle we (but we I mean me doing what phyiso suggests) are going to try a bike, a bike that she can't just stop by herself, a pull behind bike. I will call it the buddy bike. 


The buddy bike.

Now to begin the exercise one must get the bike out of the shed. To open the shed you need a key. Find the key. No key. That is right some child has lost all the keys. Oldest child has taken key to a sleepover. Why? Don't know. 
 Me: "Rob do you have a key" (5 minutes after he leaves house).
Rob: "I am all the way across town. I will open it when I come for lunch"

So I wait 2 hours for Rob to come home, then I get the children engaged in an activity (painting) and start getting ready.

1. Get bike out of shed:

Bike shed, arranged by a man. Buddy bike was in the back corner.


Don't worry I came out mostly intact

2. Blow up flat tire: This should not be a problem because we have a very large air compressor in the garage and Rob has recently replaced the broken hose (he told me because I tried to inflate Niles's very flat tire last week and couldn't). To get to the air compressor I have to go into the garage and get to the back corner

I call this the garage of death

Not to bad even. Took some fancy footwork but I can almost park in the garage again so it is not too bad. 


3. Adjust the seat: The last child that was on this buddy bike was 8 years old and Patience is a short 4 year old. It needs an Allen wrench. All the tools are in Rob's shed. 
The door to Rob's shed.

To open the door I need a key. 


All keys are here... unless they are somewhere else
Which key is it? I don't know. I try all of them. This takes awhile. None of them work. Now what?.... Should I call Rob? No. I will go take pictures and blog. Then I will put everything away. Rob will be home late and I am going to a football game tomorrow. I guess it will wait until Sunday. This is why I stick to the kitchen and laundry. Not that I can't do these things but because I just get tired of not being able to do anything. Maybe I will go make a cake. I know I have everything available for that.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Good to see what's going on in your life.
    May

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she will like the buddy bike. It will feel more fun next week.

    ReplyDelete