Friday, March 09, 2012

I think I have been a little stressed...



Ah my normally busy house. Many things happen during the week. There is band on Monday and Xavier has track practice in the morning; Tuesday workout, Village Time, Xavier's Tae Kwon Do, and Financial Peace in the evening; Wednesday Xavier has track before school and debate club after so don't forget to drop him off and pick him up, church night (and sometimes a work day); Thursday early dismissal, Tae Kwon Do and piano lessons; Friday nothing (yet). Seems busy enough. So let's add a normally independent four year old. Now make her completely dependent. Arrrgh. It is an adjustment and we have been handling it but I went back to work this week.

Yes I went back to work. I had a good day. I was picking up a few shifts to get a few more hours in when the clerk said, "Diane you can't pick up that shift you are already working it".

WHAT!!!
(I really wasn't working it. I checked my schedule)

So we started looking at my schedule and in the middle of March is changed completely from what I was working. Now our clerk did some looking and found a note that said change Diane to ___________ line on March 18. (Background: I have taking a new part-time position but it is the same number of shifts as the temporary position that I was already working) Ah mystery solved and I had no recourse. New position can = new line. It is kosher. Yuck. So what did I do? I cried; at work. Yep. That pushed me over the edge. Maybe I am coping but just. (It is all fixed now. I pleaded my case and at least my schedule is the same as I had planned for March. We will see ongoing.)
So maybe I have been a little stressed.


3 comments:

  1. You were probably due for a cry, and hey, it worked, didn't it? Sometimes tears are useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Monica! lol! You don't actually have to be tough all the time you know. You are doing amazing with all this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stress will cause tears. Let them out. It'll do you good.

    ReplyDelete