Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Movers and Shakers

It was only two weeks ago that Patience started to think about crawling commando style. Chris took a video of her on her second day.

This is Patience at Dryden's 13th birthday. I will try for the video later.

The next week we put her in the annual baby crawl. She was the youngest in her heat and she would have won if she had started moving in the first twenty-five seconds but she was too interested in what was going on. Melissa and Josiah were recording the moment for posterity and Robin was along for the enjoyment of visiting. There were also shoes to look at.

Xavier is getting very good at wiggling those loose teeth. He lost one of the front top ones yesterday. An exciting time. He was very excited about the tooth coming in and he was also excited about the Tooth Fairy. I have such funny children. Xavier is getting ready for bed and he is very concerned about putting his tooth where it can be found. "Mom," he says, "will you be able to find my tooth if I put it under my pillow in this box when you are being the Tooth Fairy?". Ha! I let them have the joys of childhood, the pretending and everything, and they still know that Mommy does it all. Xavier ended up deciding to leave the tooth in a box in the bathroom so the Tooth Fairy would not have to trip over things looking for the tooth. He was also excited about the money that was there in the morning.

Niles has started kindergarten.
I took a picture of his first day but it has not made it onto my computer yet. I am a slacker. He likes school. I hear him singing the songs as he walks around the house. It seems to be working for him.

Xavier is in grade 2 and all the French grade two got to be in the same class this year so he is with all his grade two friends. We will see how this year continues. He is not sure if he likes it yet.

Both boys started piano lessons and have had one lesson so far. Xavier is stoked. Niles is more wary. He thinks he won't like it because it will be hard.(First Xavier, then Niles. How did I get two perfectionists? It is too much effort).

This is a blog in progress. Check back for more pictures. I am publishing it but am not done.

No comments:

Post a Comment