Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not so cute anymore

It has happened. We all knew that we would get to this point but you kind of forget that it will happen so soon. . . Patience has lost the cute newborn cry. Now when she cries she sounds like she is telling you off, loudly, . . .really loudly, . . . with a growl in the back, . . .and getting louder. She is getting more opinionated all the time. She kicks her legs to get you to pick her up, and she kicks faster if you don't notice (A is for aisle, B is for bdellium (?sp) funny music in the background) so you better pick her up. Now I didn't say Patience isn't cute, she is, just her cry isn't anymore.



We got the new Barenaked Ladies CD. You should here the Alphabet song and I especially like Popcorn. I like mostly the whole thing. Really Niles got it for his birthday but we all enjoy listening to it.

He is big and 5. It is hard being older. He doesn't like the babies some of the time. They follow him around they get in his way. It is nice being older though. He is very talented at getting what he wants. He doesn't waste time asking for things he just takes. He has learned how to climb up on cupboards to be able to do this. How wonderful.



It's Xavier's last day of Grade 1. . . there it goes. I will never have a Xavier in Grade 1 again. He is getting so big but wants to be be little at the same time and be taken care of. He is a great helper but worries when he can't get Patience to stop crying. He thinks that there is something wrong with him instead of an opinionated baby having a moment.


It isn't really hard to see how I got opinionated children. Opinions breed true. That's right they must be dominant. It is good. At least you know what they want even if you don't always know what they are thinking. Opinions are sometimes sneaky, other opinions are afraid that being different is not good. Ah, good times.

The business is going well. Rob is managing to keep busy enough to have an employee. Right now Joseph is working for us but he thinks he wants to go back to school in the fall and you hate to discourage someone from from learning the Bible but it would give me more confidence if he was passing right now. I may be wrong but usually you show that you are learning by passing the classes you are taking. It is so much less hassle for those who are teaching and learning along with you. I guess we will see how things proceed. Besides having an employee, there is a van; with decals that look very nice on it. ( I think I am throwing in extra punctuation today, back to the book). We have also managed to get paid in the very first month. All very good. Keep praying for our family in this time of change.


Nice picture of Shelley. Xavier was busy with the camera.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. You have a great family. I am glad Rob's business is going well. I'm sure there are busy days ahead!! I love you pictures. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I get to see those kids soon. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Cute, cute kids. I didn't know about your blog - I just learned a lot. I love the stories about the boys. Congrats to Rob on the new business!

    ReplyDelete