Sunday, May 11, 2008

All about Xavier.

The trials of having children. Xavier is having trouble listening in school. He is having trouble doing his work in school. He is having trouble not bothering the other kids at school. Does anyone see a theme here. Let's talk about Xavier. (Do you remember those books where you learn about proper behaviour ... Let's Talk About Lying, ... Disobeying, ... Good books. "If you say something to someone that you know is not true it is not a fantasy, it is not a mistake. You are lying!) Ah Xavier. I didn't expect to have this trouble at school so soon. He is bored. My theory is that because he is in french immersion he doesn't read in English, he does not have enough vocabulary to understand ahead, and he can't entertain himself by going ahead by himself. So we have problems. The latest problem lead him to spending the day in the principal's office. (Don't tell him you know). We will work on it. I guess I will take some time to talk to his teacher. Ah boys. Got to love them.

2 comments:

  1. hey there missy, I'm poking my head in!
    I just read you post and I had to just share with you that when we had little Elishah last year, it was a huge huge adjustment for Noah. Our, now, oldest boy. Whenever we had a new baby, our kids all seemed to do fine, but I just wanted to encourage you that it did pass, it's like they need to find a new place in the family. I know that each kid is different, and maybe xavier isn't facing this at all, but sometimes it makes me feel better to know that it happens to other people too.
    I've heard it said too that kids that are really smart do get bored. I think that you're right in pin pointing it to him being bored at school. He's your little genius!

    Hang in there, you're doing a great job and have beautiful kids! I run into your mom at the library often. It's nice to see her. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a certain little girl who spent some time in the elementary school's principal's office... :) Actually - I remember several visits.

    ReplyDelete